I have been to two Art Exhibitions on Penarth Pier, the first in June I displayed my Pictures.The second was from artists I know from my photography group.
I visited before the exhibition on a very hot day and was given access to areas of the Pavilion On the Pier that are not normally accessible.
Here are a few examples from "As I see it" by Penarth Lens Friends.
Now to the most recent. The Penarth Art Fair, again in the Pier Pavilion in September.
Prompted by a message from Janet a brilliant artist member of Penarth Len's Friends. I caught a 305 bus to Penarth Pier,
the weather was looking uncertain. What was not uncertain was the
eclectic art exhibition I was headed for, but I arrived early, so I sat
on a bar stool in the front before the proceedings began. I was not to
be disappointed. Halfway through I peered through a window, heaving sea
and rain, charming.
Then I refocused on the Aladdin's Cave of art
exhibits, colour and imagination replacing grey angry weather.
Janet's work is remarkable. I particularly appreciated an acrylic of a ballerina. Marvellous.
After an hour and a half of visual pleasure. I had to venture out into the elements. Even this was magical. Walking up the hill on a deserted street. The rain and the trees created a mysterious vista. I could imagine all sorts of things, fairy tale characters mostly.
An excellent evening all round, thanks to Janet's prompt to visit the exhibition in Penarth Pavilion. What follows is just a few snap shots.
Janet's work is remarkable. I particularly appreciated an acrylic of a ballerina. Marvellous.
After an hour and a half of visual pleasure. I had to venture out into the elements. Even this was magical. Walking up the hill on a deserted street. The rain and the trees created a mysterious vista. I could imagine all sorts of things, fairy tale characters mostly.
An excellent evening all round, thanks to Janet's prompt to visit the exhibition in Penarth Pavilion. What follows is just a few snap shots.
'Succumbed' the excellent acrylic of a ballerina by Janet.
Next artist
next
More interesting work from Janet.
The Pavilion on Penarth Pier has a intimate cinema. Projection equipment has recently been updated.
Penarth Len's Friends has some interesting events. One was at Penarth Tennis Club. This artist makes some unusual basket work. It resembles a large Pelota.
























No comments:
Post a Comment